WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
Legal Adjacency is a boutique legal consultancy dedicated to creating positive change for legal departments through design.
In practice, we do these things:
- Simplify contracts by creating clear, engaging, useable, and easy to negotiate plain language agreements.
- Develop easy to implement and cost-effective solutions for our clients to simplify and improve their legal function.
- Run experiences, workshops, and other facilitated activities to help our clients untangle and address legal operational problems in new and human-centered ways.
- Coaching for in-house counsel looking to build a smart, lean, and integrated approach to delivering legal services.
Our specialty is simplifying legal documents and legal operations.
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT
Our approach is intensely focused on understanding you and your needs and delivering practical and viable solutions that best fit your circumstances.
We do this by using a combination of legal expertise, strategy, creative thinking, evidence-based practice, user-centered design, information design, technology, and legal project management.
WE SOLVE PROBLEMS LIKE THESE
- “Our contracts are too long and too technical for our sales team to use effectively.”
- “How do we cut our external legal spend in a way that doesn’t compromise the relationships with external counsel?”
- “How do we know which KPI’s we should be measuring?”
- “We need the team to buy-in and use our new matter management system.”
- “How do we speed up the negotiation process?”
- “We need to better manage risk by simplifying compliance forms and processes.”
- “Our in-take process sucks. We want to automate it.”
- “Policies are often not followed, documents, and best-practice templates go unused.”
- “I want this template customer agreement to be in plain language.”
- “We want to make the internal client’s interactions with legal more effective and enjoyable.”
- “We now have to communicate through the business unit’s preferred channel. How do we make that an easy transition for us?”
- “Moving people to self-help tools seems like a good idea. Will we benefit from it?”
- “Law firms X and Y do great work, but we feel surprised or feel nickel and dimed whenever we get their bills.”
WHO WE WORK WITH
Many of our clients operate in technology, education, manufacturing, and government. We work with teams of all sizes and from many departments, like legal, the C-suite, finance, procurement, and contract management. Sometimes we work with several of those departments together. We love when that happens.
The common thread between our clients is a desire to do something different to do legal better.
We believe in:
- Making you a success. We will support you every step of the way – from strategic advice to implementation.
- Taking things off your plate, and not giving you lots of homework.
- Our work being cost effective, easy to implement, and practical.
- Using evidence, not assumptions to inform decisions and deliver value.
- Supporting people to work smarter, not harder.
- Improvement comes through empathy and human understanding.
- Contracts being written so they reflect an organization’s brand and values.
- Clear, engaging, useable, and understandable legal documents leading to fewer disputes and increased compliance.
- Knowing that doing something differently does not automatically make that thing better. Better comes through choosing the right kind of different.
- Appreciating that technology is not always the answer.
- The needs and interests of the users being at the center of everything we do.
- helping others
- doing things for the greater good
- doing the right thing, even at the expense of profit
- being responsible for one’s actions
- not putting up with bull and poppycock.
- being environmentally conscious
- being committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.